Frequently Asked Questions
Got a question? We're here to help.
B+E Accreditation Scheme
- What is the approval process?
- Training centres – We will accredit training centres with a Centre Application form and Checklist.
- B+E Instructors – We will accredit B+E Instructors with an Instructor Application form
- What Instructor qualifications are required?
We recognise ADI and other voluntary registered qualifications and consider other suitable prior qualifications, knowledge, and experience.
- What is the recommended course duration?
We recommend a minimum duration of a 1-day course.
- What is the recommended candidate ratio?
We recommend a 1:1 basis to provide each candidate with a thorough understanding and enable continuous training and assessment during the course.
- Can training be conducted in the candidate / employer’s vehicle?
Yes, this is acceptable, provided the vehicle conforms to the requirements as set out in the DVSA B+E training syllabus.
- What training resources are provided by Skills for Logistics?
The package includes:
- Course Session Plan
- Reasonable Adjustment Policy and Form
- Training & Assessment Report
- Driving Assessment Risk Grading
- Candidate Competencies – Continuous Assessment Report
- Instructor Observation Report
- Candidate Feedback
- How are candidates’ certificates provided?
Once you have obtained Centre and Instructor approval, you will be able to issue ‘test pass’ certificates to successful candidates with Skills for Logistics and DVSA Recognised logos. As an additional option, we are evaluating an online E-certificate process. Please contact us for further information and register your interest for E-certificates.
- Insurance company recognition
The DVSA B+E scheme is recognised by the insurance sector and should provide appropriate premium discounts.
- What are the accreditation and certificate fees?
Our fee structure will be based on:
- Centre approval fee
- Instructor approval fee
- Annual remote audit fee
- Candidate certification fee
To enable us to provide you with a price, please provide the following information:
- Your centre location and whether you will have additional operating centres
- Number of instructors
- Qualifications of instructors, such as ADI, NRI or NVDIR
- Forecast number of candidates in the next 12 months
- Why Skills for Logistics?
We are a completely impartial and independent not-for-profit accrediting body involved in the logistics sector. We are agile, responsive, and customer-focused providing added value by promoting the B+E accreditation scheme to the corporate sector and private individuals to improve road safety.
To speak to our accreditation team for any further questions, please contact us either through email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 0117 927 8800.